There are few states in the United States, which have the permission to charge their own road tax supplementary to the Federal road tax. And the State of Oregon is one such state. Oregon State is entitled to charge their own road tax, and accordingly, they issue Oregon Truck Permit, and Oregon PUC Permit to the commercial drivers that operate within and through the State of Oregon. Global Multi services is a one-stop solution for all the Oregon Permits needs and queries, and we also give you the service of Oregon Filing.


For the last 15 years, Global Multi Services is endeavoring and thriving in the field of providing Trucking permits to Trucking companies. We have access and influence in almost every state of the US, and hence we are proficient in providing all kinds of Trucking Permits for every state.


All the commercially and privately operating vehicles, having a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more, and/or have 3 or more than 3 operating axles in their vehicles, traveling within the state of Oregon are required to get the Oregon Permit and pay the Oregon Highway Use Tax. And you might also have to apply for the Oregon Weight-Distance Tax or Oregon WDT if you are operating within the Oregon State and have a vehicle weighing more than 80,000 pounds.

The for-hire vehicles operating within Oregon also have to register with the Oregon Interstate Motor Carrier Authority.

If your trucking company is registered in the State of Oregon, and you are traveling out of the state for commercial purposes, then must apply for a USDOT Number and an IFTA or IRP License Plate. But only if your vehicle weighs more than 10,000 pounds or has more than 3 axles, otherwise not.


The following is the list of documents and information requires to register:-

  • USDOT Number
  • Vehicle Identification Number or VIN
  • Power Unit Base Plate
  • Vehicle Information
  • Date or Dates of travel
  • Driver’s Full Legal name
  • Route Traveled
  • Registered Vehicle Weight
  • Operating Vehicle Weight
  • Registration type- temporary or permanent
  • Registration Cab Card
  • Truck Owned or Leased
  • Method of Payment


Oregon PUC stands for Oregon Public Utilities Commission. But these permits are handled by the Oregon Department of Transportation. The vehicles operating in Oregon and having a gross vehicle weight ranging between 26,000 lbs to 80,000 lbs are required to apply for Oregon PUC Permit and get the Oregon PUC Plate.

The tax rate of these permits varies according to the weight of the vehicles. So the heavier the vehicle is, the more will be the tax.